Spotlight Learning Series: Inland Northwest Health Services (INHS) and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
October 5, 2011
Continuing the NeHC University Spotlight Learning Series on HIE Leadership and Sustainability, the Director of Standards and Interoperability for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Chief Business Development Officer for Inland Northwest Health Services (INHS) will discuss their success in exchanging health information through the Nationwide Health Information Network Exchange and how it has positively impacted their stakeholders. They will also discuss their work with the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER) project and the progress that is being made to improve the health and healthcare of active service men and women and veterans.
The representatives from these two HIEs will touch on their organizations' backgrounds, critical success factors, key challenges, connectivity strategies, value propositions, and future outlook. Leaders will also share how they are positioning their organizations to be successful in an environment requiring increased accountability and their strategies for consumer engagement.
Tim Cromwell, Director of Standards and Interoperability
U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs
Mike Smyly, Chief Business Development Officer
Inland Northwest Health Services
- NeHC's report on HIE sustainability: Secrets of HIE Success Revealed: Lessons from the Leaders
- NeHC's online community group on HIE Leadership and Sustainability
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Inland Northwest Health Services
- Superior Telegram - Minneapolis VA launches health information exchange
- Press Release - VA Announces Expansion of Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record
- InformationWeek - VA Tests Nationwide Health Information Exchange
- Press Release - INHS Announces 2011 HIT Leadership Award
- Press Release - 19 Hospitals on INHS Network Named Nation's Most Wired
- 2010 Annual Report for INHS
- Spokane Journal of Business - INHS stays on upward track
Join the discussion with other stakeholders in our HIE Leadership and Sustainability group in the Collaborate area! Join the group and participate in the discussion here.